Thursday, April 19, 2007

Pulitzer Prize Winning Photo Series Features NB Patient

I have not looked at these photos, because I can't. I understand what happens to the children that die from this horrible disease - I've read much. If you think you can handle this perhaps it will prompt you even further to help us find a cure for neuroblastoma.

This was posted to ACOR by Jennifer Crowley, an NB mom who's son became an angel six months ago:

I am pasting a link below to a simply heartbreaking yet brutally real series of photos taken of Derek Maden and his mother Cyndie French during his 11-month battle against neuroblastoma. These photos won the photographer a Pulitzer Prize.
Having lost my son only 6 months ago and knowing that others on this list have also recently lost their children, while others are receiving palliative care, just a word of caution that these may be too much to look at (as I sit at my desk wiping my tears) right now - but they are amazing.
My heart goes out to Derek and his mom. I apologize if this has been posted previously, but I don't recall seeing... Part of me feels like... finally, some attention to how ravaging this disease is.


http://www.pulitzer.org/year/2007/feature-photography/works/index.html

1 comment:

The Preister's said...

hi there! I have been reading your page for a few days now - I came across your link on another NM's mom site.

would you mind if I posted this on my site also?

My daughter was diagnosed about 5 weeks ago with NB at 7 1/2 months of age. It has been a rollercoaster. I hope to have more time today to read your entire story...

Brenda