Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Mi Familia...

I just have to clear the air here with my poor family. They're all freaked out about my previous post and feel like they could do better and aren't dong enough, yadda, yadda, yadda.

You guys are crazy. If there is one thing - one sure thing - that Andy & I can count on: it is our family. We know for a fact that if and when we need you - any of you - for anything, you will make it happen. This is the biggest and most important thing we could ever have available to us. We know too many people who simply don't have this luxury and it means the world to us and we appreciate it more than anything else you could possibly do (as far as I can think right now - but it is past my bedtime... wink).

Max's cancer is the center of our universe right now - but keep in mind that we treat it like an everyday event. Kind of like some mom's drive their kids to soccor during the week? Well, I drive Max to Children's Hospital. It's our routine, it's not strange to us, it's simply what we've been dealt. So don't feel awkward talking about Max, asking about Max, or doing neither; maybe you want to know what Hannah & Nicky ate for dinner. Just keep in mind that it is easy for us to talk about, just like it's easy for Jen & Matt to talk about their kids' sports. We're not going to cry or make you cry (hopefully). Sometimes it's easier to get a quick update on scans by asking than by trying to read our convoluted scan-result-blog-entry.

I thank you all for caring so much that you freaked out. You're doing great by us. We love you all.

1 comment:

San Diego Mom said...

OK, you rant out one night and then following night you have to clear the air out. Like you don't have enough on your plate? But, like you say, this is your blog and by all means, please do whatever that might ease your burden, however slight it may be.
I always have this conflicted feeling when I see Max and you. Every morning when I see him, standing in line when the bell rings, I get this urge to hug him and tell him how glad I am to see him there. And then I ask myself, no, wouldn't it be better if he could lead a normal life as much as possible and blend in, instead of some overly emotional woman suddenly hugging him in tears? When I don't see him, my mind starts to rush, imagining the worst and getting all teary. Then I tell myself, how dare I get teary when Melissa is not? I always fear any word we utter does not bear enough weight it should bear to convey our deepest sympathy, love, care, fear, hope, and respect. I hope we can be there whenever you need help. I hope you know that my prayers will always be with you and your family, even if we move afar. Shiho