Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Craptacular Morning

Andy's off in Vermont and NYC for a few days. Monday morning was complete mayhem here. I sent Andy an email detailing the happenings so he wouldn't feel so far from home. (I can read this now with a smile on my face.) Here's the email:
Oh my gosh... worst morning ever with Max taking his pills. We had a great talk last night (Hannah, Max & I) about cooperating and getting things done that have to get done before school, including taking Max's pills - which were an issue Sunday AM, too.

Everything's great this morning. Kids all slept in until 6:30. Got dressed, made their beds, brushed their teeth (without me asking, by the way). Hannah gets her own breakfast. They're all getting along! Wow! This is awesome.

Then I hand Max his pills (it's only 7:30) and he immediately starts up [tantrum]. We had the biggest power struggle... it was just ridiculous. He got so worked up that I put the other two in the car (8:10 now) to wait. Then I come back in the house to see that he is throwing up all over the carpet under the table and continues throwing up in his bin until I'm sure he tossed all the food from his AM feeding (so much for those 350 calories). S#%T!!!! I have never felt so frustrated in all my life. I just wanted to scream scream scream!! So I said a few profanities under my breath over by the sink while emptying his barf bin, took several deep breathes, got him straightened up and in the car (he's perfectly fine by this time) and drove the kids to school (8:25) where Max proceeded to
take all his pills outside his classroom door in less than a minute. What the hell?

3 comments:

Randee said...

Whew!!!! Hope your afternoon got better. Kids, you gotta love em!!!! And you--you're amazing!!!!
Big Sis

Anonymous said...

I like that heading.. "Craptacular Morning"!
Remember it.. You may need to use that again some day!
I wish there were some way to help Max (and you)with the pill situation. Maybe taking them in different places would help. In the car, at school, before he gets out of bed (and knows what's going on!).. Just a suggestion but you never know what will turn him on.
Take care and know we're thinking of you.
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

"Craptacular" you must copyright that! ;-) Debbie